Propolis

bees, honey and other sticky subjects

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

CCD, disappearing bees and Marie Celeste

There's a lot of US coverage about CCD (Colony Collapse Disorder) and this blog is receiving lots of searches for “disappearing bees”. So I'd just like to remind readers that the phenomenon might be on both sides of the Atlantic.

Last spring I reported on the UK's very own Marie Celeste syndrome. As-yet-unexplained losses also occurred in southern Europe at the end of the 2005 and 2006 seasons. Are these related? I really don't know.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the plus side I took a look at my hive yesterday, plenty of life and it looks like the other hives on the site also came through this year as well.

Here's to another year of my evil bees trying to get their revenge.

11:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home