Propolis

bees, honey and other sticky subjects

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Stuck on propolis

I've had a plea:

I just came across your wonderful blog and am hoping that you may be able to help me. Though I realize that cleaning probably isn't your field of expertise you may have heard of similar disasters. My propolis-loving houseguest accidently dropped and shattered her bottle of the stuff in my bathroom. One of my newly painted white walls is now yellow as are a good portion of the floor tiles. The smell is overwhelming. I know that propolis stains terribly and am concerned that I won't be able to paint over the wall stain, does propolis contain oils? Any cleaning advice? Thank you in advance from a honey-lover.
Any offers? I have no experience in such gooey matters, but I did read this on the web:
I often use ethanol to clean the propolis on my hands, and I have known people use alcohol to 'digest' the propolis and drink the stuff, supposedly to get some stuff of medicinal quality (in China, of course).
Not recommended!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home