Propolis

bees, honey and other sticky subjects

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Time travel sucks

I usually love travel -- but not this week. I went time-travelling -- back to circa 1995, I think -- and I didn't much like it.

My broadband connection failed and I had to resort to an expensive 56k (albeit mobile connection). How did we ever survive back in 1995 with modems, dial-ups and sporadic email and Internet access? I really can't remember.

But I'm back now in 2005 with a two meg connection. I'm dizzy with this speed.

And the reason for the failure of my broadband? An iTunes upgrade which pooped my BT Voyager router. Who needs viruses when bona fide upgrades can do so much damage? I can't aportion blame, but let's just say that both iTunes and BT Voyager knew it would happen in advance, but seem to have done nothing. We're only users after all. Now, I've got to catch up on nearly two days lost work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rufus said...

I always get the impression that iPods and iTunes are far from flawless. My iPod was in a constant state of disrepair until it was finally stolen. Though I am a closet Apple evengelist, I think Apple evangelism tends to conceal problems with Apple kit.

10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home