Propolis

bees, honey and other sticky subjects

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Wasp alarm clock

Today a queen wasp visited me in my office. I politely showed it the window. It reminded me what happened three years ago: each morning at about this time of year I was awoken by a noisy wasp flying about the room at about 6am as the sun was rising. It happened morning after morning, so we eventually realised something was up. Then one day when I took my jeans out of the wardrobe, something fell to the ground. It was an embryo wasp nest. Then it dawned on me.

The wasp was obviously coming home through the window each evening before the curtains were drawn. Then when it was time for it to go to work next morning, it would try to leave by the window, but couldn't find a way through the drawn curtains.

Lucky that the nest was found at an early stage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home