Propolis

bees, honey and other sticky subjects

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Sounding a B flat

A trawl around the Net for bees brings up the oddest things. Here’s what appeared on Sean Bonner’s blog:

I was thinkin’ of getting an east coast apartment, maybe in NY so I could bounce back and forth between there and LA a lot easier, and found this ad, which looked pretty sweet...

“$500 / 0br — Large Manhattan Room (one catch)

“I have a large 15x10 room in a relatively large East Village apartment for rent. The apartment has one full bath and a half bath which is in my room. There is a large common area. It’s a great space. There is one catch you should be aware of. I am a professional bee keeper. I maintain a rather large hive of Africanized honey bees. Due to the economic downturn and the reduced demand for honey I was unable to maintain my work studio and therefore I now work from home. The hive is located in the living room. I have plenty of protective gear and they mostly keep to themselves and go about their business of collecting pollen and producing delicious and reasonably priced honey. However, occasionally something sets them off and hive becomes enraged and tends to swarm. Generally you should be ok if you just keep your door shut but this can be a hassle at times. If you have any allergies to bee stings or maintain a large collection of predatory insects this is probably not the place for you.”
Beekeepers, please note down all the deliberate mistakes ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh... the half bath IS the room.

5:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"0br" means "zero bedrooms"

6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home